Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others

Which one is different, do you know?

I woke up yesterday morning to a flat tire and a neck sorely in need of a chiropractor. I placed a 911 call to the Army Dude, and to his everlasting credit he hopped in his car and came right over.

After getting me to my chiropractor appointment, a hearty breakfast, and making a couple of unsuccessful attempts to get a new tire for my car, we decided to rearrange the weekend and do some pre-Christmas shopping at Target. We'd originally planned to shop on Sunday, but since the Army Dude lives an hour away and has his own life to lead and cat to cater to, we decided that it would be more efficient to reschedule.

By 4:30, we were exhausted, tired of being around people, and hungry. We stategically chose the Cracker Barrel. I figured that given the early hour, it would be filled with senior citizens quietly scarfing down meatloaf and macaroni and cheese.

If only I could make oracular predictions like this all the time. Life would be so much simpler, wouldn't it?