Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book of Wrong: Vintage TV Edition

While I was noodling around Google looking for a link to make an extremely hip Bobby and Cissy reference on my other blog, I came across this little gem. It's Gail and Dale, dressed as Holly Hobbie and a barbershop singer, respectively, singing "One Toke Over The Line" on The Lawrence Welk Show. Clearly, they are blissfully unaware of exactly what they are singing about. At the end, Lawrence Welk calls it a "modern spiritual." It's hilarious.

[Mom, if you're reading this, a "toke" is the inhalation of the smoke from a joint ("marijuana cigarette") for the purposes of getting high. I only know this because I Googled it. Honest.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for writing this, it was unbelieveably informative and told me a ton

Anonymous said...

О! Sangat posting baik.