Friday, November 12, 2010

Kick-Off To The Holiday Season



One of the perks of getting shot at occasionally is that the Army Dude receives free tickets to things like the Radio City Christmas Spectacular at the Providence Performing Arts Center. It seems like a strange trade-off, but there you go.

We went to the show last night and it was indeed spectacular. The singing, the dancing, the costumes, the sets -- and of course, the Rockettes -- were all excellent. I'd never seen the Rockettes in person before and the precision of their dancing was just amazing.

During the intermission, I read in my program that the Rockettes train aspiring dancers. I turned to the Army Dude and asked if he thought I should sign up. He did not laugh or mention my age, weight, and decrepitude. He didn't question my ability to kick at eye level. He simply said "Don't they have a height requirement? I don't think you're tall enough."

That, my friends, is grace under fire.

3 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Hehe, well done Army Dude. I would love to see the Rockettes, my dream is to see them at Radio City one day.

Maria said...

You'd love it! This was my first time seeing them and they were great.

Anonymous said...

在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app