Friday, November 26, 2010

Hiding Out At Home

About a week ago, the Army Dude asked me if I wanted to get up really early on the Friday after Thanksgiving and go shopping. My response was "Have you met me?


Hell no, I don't want to go shopping on the busiest retail day of the year. There is nothing I need or want so badly that I would get up while it is still dark and fight crowds for it. Nothing. Not even at Tiffany's. I started my Yuletide shopping weeks ago to avoid just this sort of panic.


Instead, I have spent the day doing yoga, napping, reading, browsing catalogs, and getting my holiday baking plan organized. (Oh, and I also showered. Go me!) Tonight, I'm going to eat leftover lasagne and watch a movie in my pajamas.


Now that's how you spend a bonus day off.

3 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Pfft, absoLUTely. Those days are best used for eating leftovers and reading trashy fiction.

Rachel said...

This is hilarious! But after a few moments I wondered if it's time to update the phrase "avoid like the plague" to something more current like "avoid like H1N1" or "avoid like the norovirus". Thoughts?

Maria said...

Rachel, I'm still trying to revive "hepcat," so probably not.