Saturday, February 04, 2012

New This Week at Sow's Ear Jewelry!


Even though I'm pretty upset that  Punxsutawney Phil predicted another six weeks of winter, I managed to drag myself to the worktable this week and create some new pieces of handmade jewelry for my Etsy shop, Sow's Ear Jewelry. The object on the end of this necklace is a repurposed brass door latch.  Pretty cool, amirite?

I also added international shipping to my shop, since I've discovered I get a fair number of blog hits from Europe and Australia.  (Also, the actual process turned out to be easier than I thought it would.)  So my international Gentle Readers, if you see something you like, click on through to the shop!  Anything there will look simply gorgeous on you I'm sure, because all my readers are very good looking. 


I made one of these bracelets for myself, then I decided to sell the style in my shop when a friend basically bought my bracelet off my arm.  It's very lightweight and comfortable to wear, even though it looks chunky.  I've also given a couple of these as gifts and the recipients loved them.



I'm still working with contrasts.  I love how this rusted washer on a chain makes a delicate, simple, and pretty necklace.


This washer has a gorgeous patina, too.  It almost looks like leopard spots.  In a good way.



I had fun creating this necklace, which is classic and edgy at the same time.  The aluminum chain is chunky but very lightweight.

Pretty soon I'm going to start my Spring/Summer jewelry collection.  It's going to be different from what is already in the shop.  I'll give you a hint: think Carmen Miranda Goes To Palm Springs.