Sunday, February 12, 2012

Impulse Purchase


When I saw this vintage cigarette case at Second Helpings in Bristol, RI, I said to the friend I was with, "Look how pretty that is!  Do you know anyone who still smokes?" 

I realize now that I know people who smoke, but even with my vivid imagination I can't see The Fisherman opening a case like this to pull out a Marlboro while standing on the deck of an offshore fishing boat.

I looked at the case with visions of old Hollywood glamour dancing in my head, and then it occurred to me: repurpose it.


Thus, a rather elegant (if I do say so myself) business card case was born. I'm ridiculously pleased with it.

3 comments:

rkbsnana said...

My first thought when I read cigarette case was Hollywood glamour. Personally, I love, love, love it.

Maria said...

Thanks! I do too!

jas said...

LOVE that!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/