Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Week In Weird

I've been blaming it on last Saturday's eclipse. Things have been strange around here in a random kind of way.

Episode 1: I was at home eating my lunch when a man walked through the yard and knocked on my window waving a piece of paper. Upon investigation, I discovered that he had a delivery of bluestone for my address. I was pretty excited because I had visions of a DIY Stonehenge in the backyard, but alas, it turned out to be gravel for the driveway.

The gentleman needed help getting my landlord's cleaning lady's car moved because she was not answering the door. I got her to move the car because I am an administrative ninja and I know how to get things done.





Episode 2: I was leaving the library when an elderly nun asked me for a ride. Of course I said "Certainly, Sister" even though I was running a little late. While I fully expect to go to Hell, I am not looking for a fireside seat.

She turned out to be lovely, and we had a very nice chat as we drove across town. I learned that her favorite movie is The Sound of Music, which tickled me. I don't know what I was expecting. Terminator 2?


Episode 3: My father sent me a birthday card. I had no idea he knew when my birthday was, or could tell you my age if you put a gun to his head. Come to think of it, I still don't know if he knows my age, but that's okay. I'll just tell him I'm 29.