Regarding the sunshine, I've already taken a walk down by the beach and have plans for a cookout with the Army Dude later this afternoon. But right now, the awards:
This is very exciting! It's kind of like winning an Oscar but not having to go out and be around people or stay up past my bedtime. Which makes it that much more awesome. Unlike Beth, I am not going to post a picture of myself accepting the award because she was wearing a very cute vintage dress and I am wearing yoga pants and a pink tee shirt that says "Princess" on it. My toenails are pink, so there is a little style to be had. But not much.
Like Beth, I am going to tell you five things about myself and then pay it forward.
1. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of showtoons. Everyone has an idiot savant ability, and remembering song lyrics is mine.
2. I have an unreasonable fear that if I don't engage the parking brake when I park my car, it will roll away. I would believe this even if I were parking my car in Kansas.
3. I am an avid reader and always have 3 or 4 books going at once.
4. I love to walk in graveyards. I once made a trip to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Concord, MA because I'd read that it was really pretty and because Louisa May Alcott is buried there.
5. I also have a food blog. Oddly enough, the readerships for the two blogs don't overlap much.
And now the people upon whom I wish to bestow these honors: