Friday, February 04, 2011

San Diego: Day 1

After spending my first morning in San Diego getting hopelessly lost (Verizon's VZ Navigator is cheap for a reason), I finally found Balboa Park. I wandered around looking at art and jewely in the artist's area. Then I grabbed my Nook, got a snack, and settled on a bench to listen to a guy playing music and read for a while. While I was there, I had a nice conversation with a homeless guy named Teddy.


The park is huge. Everywhere I turned, there was more to see: a desert garden, a rose garden, and then the vistas beyond. Inside the park are theaters, and a conservatory of music type of thing where kids take music lessons. It's like a beautiful world that is completely separate from the bustling city. Which was really nice because driving in California completely stressed me out. Everything you've ever heard about Californians being lad back is a lie.


Later that afternoon, I picked up Monica at work. She said her goodbyes to her friends in the Radiology department. She was sad to leave, but we were excited about our upcoming excellent adventure.

No comments: