Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fun Projects

People often ask me if I'm bored now that I'm not working, and they wonder what I do all day. The answer is, no, I'm not bored, and what I do all day is putter.


I'm pretty sure I get this directly from my mother, who can happily spend days on end at home, sewing, knitting, crocheting, and cooking. I am the same way, although my skill level in the needle arts is sorely lacking.


I made this necklace from things I had on hand: ribbon, silver findings, and pieces of clear plastic tubing from Home Depot. I like how it looks light and dainty, even though it has hardware on it.

I also made this bracelet. The beads are handmade, but not by me. They were on a necklace that I decided to cut apart and repurpose. The silver beads are actually hex nuts.

Since I am unemployed, that challenge is to use what I already have and to resist the temptation to go out and buy new supplies. That's also part of the fun.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was wearing my necklace and earrings at the dentist's office on Saturday and he totally noticed how cool they were and asked me about them!

Maria said...

I made myself the same necklace (had to test-drive it first!) and it's weird how one day I'll wear it and nobody will notice what it's made of, and then another day, everyone will notice.

Anonymous said...

在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app