Sunday, January 16, 2011

Think Pink

The Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been in love with The Madonna Inn ever since my friend Annie first sent me the link to their site.

I do feel that for a place called The Madonna Inn, it's short on images of the Blessed Mother. The "Portugal" room doesn't even have one, and that makes no sense whatsoever. Other than that, the inn is truly awesome. The question is not if I want to go there some day (because obviously I do), but which of the 110 uniquely decorated rooms I want to stay in. Decisions, decisions.


Fortunately, I'm a big fan of pink, because apparently the owner's wife is too. This is the Madonna Suite, which she decorated. The "pink rose" carpet is custom designed. Personally, I find those giant blooms a little unnerving.

This room is called "Love Nest," and it features a spiral staircase to a private viewing tower. It also features a plush purple curved sofa and weird chairs that can't seem to decide if they belong in Versailles or a spaceship.



Now we're talking! Check out the pink, sparkly walls and the chandelier right over the bed. This room (called "Carin") has the same bedspread as the previous room but the sparkly walls make it look so much more fancy, don't you think?



"Krazy Dazy" is an elegant homage to 1960s pop art, with a pink shag carpet and giant daisies on the walls. I think this is my favorite of the pink rooms. Enormous daisies don't scare me the way gigantic roses do. I have no explanation for that.


Feeling hungry? I blogged about the Madonna Inn's restaurants here.