Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Yogarina 2: Sore Muscle Boogaloo

I've settled into a new routine: Monday night, ballet class; Tuesday, exhaustion; Wednesday, sore muscles. Each week we go over new material, so my body is an ever-changing kaleidoscope of pain.

Today, it's my upper hamstrings and glutes. I'm trying to resist the urge to moan "Oil can..." and walk like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. If I sit for too long, I stiffen up. Then I make old lady noises when I have to get out of my chair. It's not pretty.

My yoga practice for the past two days has been limited to gentle stretching. I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll be feeling up to working my abs a little bit. I think part of my sore muscle problem is that my core is not pulling its weight - and I mean that in a very literal sense.

I'm dancing like an elephant in Fantasia and I'm walking like the Tin Man. Believe it or not, it's totally fun.

No comments: