Saturday, July 23, 2011

Discovery


Nobody sees a flower, really, it is so small. We haven't time - and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time.
--
Georgia O'Keeffe


Did you know clover flowers? I didn't. I guess I've always been too busy, headed here and there and walking right by. Some of the time I was headed someplace fun and happy; looking back, most of the time I wasn't. But wherever I was going seemed very important at the time.

This morning, nothing was more important than running indoors for my camera to take a picture of my discovery, and to tell you about it. Yes, there is laundry to fold and a rug that needs vacuuming, but this morning, I really saw a patch of clover.

It's a good day.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Just heard about this on NPR - you might find it interesting. Here's the NPR page where you can listen, and a link to the book.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/21/138467808/stieglitz-and-okeeffe-their-love-and-life-in-letters

http://www.amazon.com/Faraway-One-Stieglitz-1915-1933-Manuscript/dp/0300166303

Anonymous said...

在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app , 在線真人聊天app