Monday, September 05, 2011

Squeak!

Things were fun this weekend around the old HQ because my sister Rachel visited from Chicago.  It's always fun to spend time with her.  We look a lot alike, we laugh at the same things, and also, I get to tease her about sounding like a cartoon character.  In true big sister fashion, gentle readers, I have her convinced that I think her voice is squeaky but mine isn't -- even though in reality I know we sound exactly the same.

The question in my mind is "am I a genius or what?" but I'm sure the question in your mind is "why do they sound like cartoon characters?"  The answer is, I don't know.  Our other sister sounds perfectly normal and sings like an angel.  I suspect neither Rachel nor I paid attention when announcements were made in heaven about where the lines were forming to choose adult voices, so we got stuck with kid voices forever.

Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat, which has since developed into some kind of a virus.  I'm assuming this is because I spent all day Saturday with the little petri dishes my beloved nieces and nephew.  Now I sound like a cartoon character who's been a little too free with the whiskey and cigarettes.  It is not an improvement.